Our team at Sound Tattoo Removal has compiled a list over the past few months of the most popular reasons our clients and supporters have given for seeking tattoo removal. We realize by no means is this a comprehensive list that covers the multitude reasons individuals have for seeking tattoo removal. However, it does give a glimpse into some of the common rationale behind the decision process
10. A Flat-out Bad Tattoo – Nothing will turn the dream of getting a tattoo into a nightmare faster than a mistake or poor quality. There are a million reasons why tattoos fail, but the bottom line is who wants to be stuck with a spelling error or art that looks like it was done by a drunken toddler?
9. A Faded Worn-out-looking Tattoo – Whether you’ve spent too much time in the sun or the tattoo was never properly done in the first place, a faded tattoo is unsightly and can actually make you appear older than you really are. Since the tattoo is already halfway removed anyway, you might as well have the job finished professionally.
8. Breakups – Love is a gamble, and so is getting a tattoo to commemorate a significant other. If things don’t work out you are stuck with a constant reminder of heartbreak in Tempe; not to mention it could make things awkward for your next relationship.
7. Passing Fad – Some trends stand up to the time better than others. While you may still get compliments on you vintage Star Wars tattoo, your Myspace sleeve? Not so much.
6. Military Duty – In order to enlist and serve in the military there a myriad of rules and regulations depending on each particular branch and occupation. Check out our blog covering tattoos and the military, for more information click here.
5. Career Change – You may have originally gotten that cool neck tattoo in college to make a statement. Now that same tattoo is making the wrong kind of statement to potential employers and clients. Depending on your field, visible tattoos can decrease your appearance of professionalism.
4. Parenting – Nothing will change a person’s outlook on life faster than having children. Whether you want to set a certain type of example for your kids or have simply lost interest due to your priorities changing, tattoos are often causalities of family life.
3. Bigger Better Tattoo – The time has come for that major piece you have always wanted and you need to make some space. Removing or lightening an old tattoo may hurt so get some pain meds in order to utilize an area of skin for an upgraded tattoo is becoming an increasingly common practice now a days.
2. Spouse/Significant Other Hates It – Marriage and long-term relationships can be challenging enough without having to bicker about an eyesore tattoo, especially if said tattoo is the name or symbol of an ex-lover (see reason 8).
1. Don’t Want It Anymore – Maybe you were intoxicated? Maybe the tattoo artist was intoxicated? Who knows? You may have loved a tattoo for years, even decades; whatever the reason may be, sometimes tattoos simply reach their expiration date.
At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong answer for getting a tattoo removed. Life is too short to be stuck having to “just live with” an unwanted tattoo. Our licensed Master Aestheticians at Sound Tattoo Removal incorporate the latest laser technology, in conjunction with a lidocaine pain reducing gel, to remove any tattoo as quickly and comfortably as possible. Feel free to contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment.